Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Kinda Mother


Today was a good day today actually went off without a hitch other than me running out of gas before going to Bible study me having to fill it up on my own and then still making it to Bible study on time before 9:10 that alone felt a full day of actions that could happen today. I even ran meds to a friend today while running errands so when I got the note online from Chanel to take a walk at the park I was VERY happy to just walk and chat it up. Yes we all know we really just wanted to chat it up but why not walk while the kids are playing in the playground. McKayla was watching Jackson and it wasn't even the first time she had done this so I was more than relaxed to leave Jackson in her care while we were literally walking around the same park as they were playing in. Jackson had come up to us a few time wanting to walk with us and then shortly walked and then decided to run back and play with McKayla and Mikey. So had no idea that while were walking Jackson decided once again to walk with us without us knowing and without McKayla knowing we had no idea. So we had no idea when we stopped and ask McKayla where Jackson was she said with you we said UHHH no. (in my mind thinking HOLY CRAP WHERE DID HE GO OH MY GOD WHERE IS MY SON MY ONLY CHILD OH NO OH NO I DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE HOLY CRAP) Having an inside heart attack literally when suddenly we say ohh there he is with this lady attached to him. When we yell his name this lady holding on to my son begins to rant at me and says what kind of mother are you to leave your son behind you. When I finally get him near me she is still screaming and ranting at me from the middle of the park. I tell her thank you and she said you better be. Excuse me hello did you see the relief in my thank yous then she begins to tell other people at the park about how heroic she is and what she did and what an awful parent I am. Yeah it took all I had not to say well if you would have let him go he would have come to us oh and by the way you telling him that the person in front of him was not his mother didn't help either. But I bit my tongue I just stood there and shook my head when I wanted to shake the heck out of the nosey loud mouth woman. I do believe as Chanel told me that I was the talk of her dinner table but goodness can't someone make one mistake. I don't blame McKayla yes I know as Chanel is reading this she is shaking her head and saying yes you should but still it was an honest mistake she is young and she is still learning. I am just glad that nothing bad other than that ranting Betty happened. I never thought that a stranger could ever make me feel like such a lousey mother. This is my job I am a Mom I do this daily without isident and she made me feel like scum like I should be turned into the police or something. I understand when you have helped someone yes but when someone is truly worried and concerned and it was mistake why would you ever toss it into someones face. Well at least I got a walk out of it and a chit chat with Chanel :) We will have to do it again minus the loss of Jackson. Speaking of Jackson see he survived and see what he is doing now OH SORRY WORRIED ABOUT TODAY :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

she sounds like one of those people who like to make others look bad. Forget what she said, you aren't a bad mother, and I dare you to find one mom who hasn't lost a kid at one point. =)

TheSantangelos said...

DUDE... Do not feel bad she was obviously bored seeking attention from someone...
You ought to give me this woman's name and number so I can rip her a new one...
Nobody picks on MY friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe she chewed you out!! I lost both of my kids before and it feels awful. You don't need someone pointing it out to you and everyone. I also had someone at Target chew me out for smacking Kyra on the bottom...I really wish people would mind there own business.